Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cathy Morgan, Blog 5 Intelligence Theories

I found both the chapter and the lecture very intriguing in the fact that there are several good theories about what intelligence is. My original idea of intelligence was “Intelligence is what we have stored in our brain and what we us to think with. Achievement is what we do.” After listening to the lecture and reading over the chapter, I have learned what intelligence really is. I have heard of Howard Gardner and his 8 types of intelligence in other classes; however the other two, Sternberg’s Triarchic Model of Intelligence, and Twin Studies and Sandra Scarr were new to me. What I was most interested in was the question “Is intelligence stable?” I will be looking into the “Abecedarian Study” and learning more about what it is and how it was done. I was also intrigued by the Genetic influence and the table 4.2 on page 215 of the text. Wondering just how Evocative works, happy baby happy people, crying baby not so happy people around, how each one of us is able to change the environment around us . Our children also have the ability to makes the environment fit them becomes older.

No comments:

Post a Comment