In response to Sandra Lara:
I definitely agree with how fascinating it was to learn all of the things that were discussed in this lecture. This definitely isn't the good old "birds and the bees talk" or anything you would have learned in a sex ed class. Those things are just the basics. There is so much more that people need to know about how we are developed and what factors can go into having problems with those births. If we were all more educated earlier, maybe these things wouldn't happen. I am very sorry to hear about your family member who was affected by teratogens. Perhaps if the mother were more educated in how it would effect her baby, it could have been better prevented. I am not saying that it would be certain, but it maybe could have helped. Another thing that was interesting that you also pointed out was how puberty effects each teenager differently. This is really great for us to know as teachers, especially if you are going to be dealing with adolescents everyday. Perhaps if we have a better understanding of why they are doing what they are doing, such as getting into trouble or abusing alcohol, we could have a better chance of helping them.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In response to Tyla’s blog, I found her responds very true based on my lack of knowledge of children. Although I may study and may be a great role model for kids, it is much different both positive and negative when you have children of your own. I believe having your own children impacts your life as a teacher in more of a positive way. Having children of your own I believe allows you to better understand the development process both social, emotional and physically. This experience as a parent and a teacher creates an environment that allows you to connect to children in many different academic ways. Understanding how children grow and develop is a very important tool to have when teaching and connecting children’s minds to new material.
ReplyDelete