Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blog 15

I thought the points about the cliques were interesting. I thought it was particularly interesting because it seems like something haven't seen before in real life. I mean, I cant remember having all of the cliques in high school like you see in the movies. I also find it hard to believe that they were able to narrow all of these groups down into being classified as one of these "cliques". It seems like there are so many different kinds of people that it would be hard to do such a thing. It is important for me to learn about these cliques and how they work along with their issues since i will be teaching in one of the most prevalent places for such a thing happening. Even though i don't remember seeing it in high school, i am sure it is out there and i need to be aware of what is going on with my students in order for me to be the best teacher i can be.

1 comment:

  1. I found the point about infants understanding the perspective of others interesting. The book P 402 mentioned that the earliest step of this for infants is when they see themselves "distinct from others". The book also says that a child watching the door as a loved one walks out is the start of this. I disagree a little. I don't think that we can classify every little thing that a child does as a step or stage or start of something. I feel like this book does that a lot. Infants may just look at the door because someone was wit them and playing and now leaving. I also found the chart on page 404 interesting. The stages of social perspective taking. I think this is somewhat accurate because children learn from what they see and are taught at home in the early stages.

    ReplyDelete