Friday, June 26, 2009
Blog 14 Response to Kristine R by Cathy Morgan
I agree with you about several things that you talked about like: “The readings for this week were very interesting and brought to light some misconceptions I had about concepts of self. The article by Anita Hoy was great because it really focused on self concept and the difference between self concept and self esteem. The article defined self concept as the cognitive structure and believe about who we are versus self-esteem which is an affective reaction and evaluation of who we are.” And how you understand and use this in your classroom “Peer interaction help students to be more engaged and develop self. I believe peer talk and interaction is essential so that students can learn from one another” I really like this idea and would like to use it in my classroom this fall is that is O.K. with you. “In my own internship I created an acronym called C.S.E.P.R to teacher student the literary elements through a STAR game. The students were responsible for finding examples of character, setting, events, problem, and resolution in reading groups. When I gave students this acronym and taught the reading comprehension strategy students were really able to have a mini tool to remember an important standard in a fun and engaging way.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment