I thought that the article"Mapping the Changes in Adolescent Crowds," was really interesting, I never knew of all the different "cliques" and how they really worked. I found it really interesting when it stated that there seems to be two factors that change adolescent crowds. One, they need to be similar to another in status; and two, they must be open to forming new relationships with members of different cliques.
I also thought that it was really interesting how as the children aged the cliques seemed to get more and more complicated. In middle school there are only two major groups: trendies and dweebs, in early high school those two groups split to become five different groups, and by late high school those five groups split into seven groups (417).
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe I was just blind, but I really dont remember having those cliques in high school. I know that everyone always talks about them and you always see the different cliques in movies, but I really dont remember it being such a big deal when I was in school. It is also interesting that they actually have studied these groups and have been able to narrow them all down to be in one of these categories.
ReplyDelete