Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Blog 10, Week 3
Sandra I agree with you that gender role is a big part of a student's development. The commercial you linked was a classic patriarchal society interpretation of gender roles. As a side note, I thought it would have been funny if they stuck a boy in there for a second to be PC. Although progress has been made, student's are still taught the stereotypical gender education. By this I mean that girls should focus the efforts on language arts and boys should focus on math and science. So long as society holds to this belief, a girl who excels at math will be an anomaly. Therefore it is up to every educator to show students that gendered subject no longer exist. If not, this belief will likely progress into the next generation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment