Social relationships, Family, and Environmental Influences
There is a large amount of information in this chapter, on the power point and in the Hoy article. So many thoughts and ideas on self-concept and self-regulation, family structures, Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Model, teenage pregnancies, parenting styles, and so much more.
I have heard of Bronfenbrenner’s system before; however I did not understand what it meant and now I get it. The pictures as well as text in the book and the power point really helped me understand these different systems. “Microsystem: Children’s immediate surroundings, Mesosystem: Networks within those surroundings. Exosystem: extended families (not in microsystem), social service agencies, the mall. Macrosystems: War, cultural values, National Government”. As teachers we all need to understand this system and what part or parts we play in it. There really is a lot to think about in each in of these different systems. I could write a lot about this, a I have learned a lot but this is a blog.
In the Hoy article there are many great ideas for teachers to use with students. All the different lessons for teachers: Self and Identity, Culture and Identity, all have really good information in them. The teacher’s role in problem base learning is something I agree with, I am always helping my preschoolers to identify problems. For example: if the child has been working on some thing for more than a few minutes I will walk over and ask the child “do you have a problem? How can we solve it? Or what do you thing? I feel like I am identifying that the situation is a problem. I agree with the note taking serving two important factions, focuses attention, and extended external storage. (pg 134) I know that I need to take notes when I am work on a class. If I write it down I remember it longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment