Saturday, June 27, 2009
Blog post 15
Popularity and rejection are a huge part of being in school. Though we want children to come to school to learn, we are also working on their social development. The popular children are more likely to be the ones picked first for assignments and teams in physical education while the ones who are not popular and rejected will often be last to be picked or looking around or a partner to work with. As teachers, we have to look out for these situations because it can create problems for both groups of children. The popular kids might develop and ego thinking they are better than everyone else and that things should be given to them in life instead of worked for. The rejected students might slip through the cracks and not put forth their best work due to trying to fit in too much. I remember all throughout my school years; I was not popular or rejected. I was friends with all groups of people, but I longed so much to be popular. I mean sure people knew who I was, but I wanted everyone to know my name. I spent more time trying to put together cute outfits instead of studying. Just shows that we need to watch out for kids and their social circles as it effects their schooling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment