I thought that the most interesting part of this lecture was the information that was given on Scarr's findings. While it may not be totally far-fetched to imagine that genetics influences intelligence I can honestly say that I was surprised to see how strong the influence can be. When you see that the correlation between I.T. raised it the same environment is .80 that is a very significant number in my opinion.
Now the information that was more of a surprise to me was when it was mentioned that I.Q.s seem to go up 3 points for every decade. While it may not sound like a lot over a matter of time that is quite a significant increase. I can honestly say that I would have thought that it would have gone down. With more and more parents working outside of the home I would have thought that the time restriction would have affected these levels quite a bit.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment