Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blog #18 week 5

In response to KristineR. I will also be a general education teacher and agree with you that we must meet the needs of all our students. We must also know as teachers that, we do not want to make a student with a learning disorder feel different from his classmates. So was should not make huge changes in the curriculum or what is expected of the students. I agree that it is very imparative that teachers be informed about the various learning disorders and how to meet the needs of these students. That is why it is great that ASU makes us take the classes on teaching special education students. The first class I took on that subject was extremely beneficial and I learned many things that I will use in my future classroom.

1 comment:

  1. In response to Andrew. I also feel like it is important to not make students feel left out or different because of their disabilities. On the other hand I also think that it is important to embrace the childrens differences because then there is no question about why they are different. The other classmates can understand what is different with the disabled and all the students can learn from each other, instead of having an awkwardness with each other.

    ReplyDelete