Friday, June 19, 2009

Blog 12 Response to Kristine R by Cathy Morgan

I agree with you about the quote for the power point •“In order for students to become self-regulated, they must have the opportunity to observe strategic behavior and to practice those behaviors.” p. 125 This quote in the PowerPoint helps to exemplify the importance of modeling healthy emotional regulation and behaviors with students in your classroom.” You make several good points when you talk about “Establishing emotional self-regulation is so essential because it allows students to be a part of a positive social environment in which students can express emotions in a healthy way in a safe learning environment.” Over all I agree with everything that you said, I believe that I can also use this part “The section on emotions was very useful to me as an educator and I believe creating safe and pleasant environments and giving students several opportunities for discussion and emotional growth is very important in a classroom and children's life skills development.” I work with children 3 to 5 and I can help them understand their emotions and the need for safe environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment