Friday, June 26, 2009

Blog #13 Week 4

Chapter 8 talks about the family. I believe the family is the most important aspect to help in a child's education. As parents it is their job to check on their child, and make sure they are completing their homework. Parents need to be attending teacher conferences to see how the child is progressing through out the year. I can see how studies show that children with married parents can be better off than other children in single parent families. Having the support of two parents is very beneficial for children. They can sit down and eat dinner as a family, and have geniune conversations. Parents are the number one support person in a child's educational career.

1 comment:

  1. BLOG 13
    This chapter was very interesting to me. I have three brothers and we were raised by my mother. My dad was an alcoholic and he did not help my mom at all. My grandparents helped out as best they could, however, it was mostly my mother. With all that being said, I agree, that children from a single parent family tend to be less successful in school than children from a two parent home. My brothers and I struggled in school for a long time and my mom did everything she could to help us out. My grandparents helped play a role in raising us three boys and I feel it helped us in our school as well(Meece, page 493).

    I believe that it is extremely important for parents to be involved with their childrens' schooling. Involvement by the parents is important, because children will be more likely to succeed in school, and the overall relationship of the family life will be beneficial to the child. Having a good family life makes it much easier on the children, in terms of their schoolwork. I agree that having two parents at home would make it easier for the child to succeed in school.

    ReplyDelete