Friday, June 26, 2009

Blog #16

In response to Sandra, I also agree that it is hard to teach children about prejudices. I think that it is hard because of the content and not because of the message. I want have a literature rich classroom and I think that literature is a great way to introduce topics like prejudice. Unfortunately, there are many example of hatred and prejudice here in America and I think that by exposing children to issues like this we can help them process the information in a positive manner.

1 comment:

  1. In response to Hcalik, I agree with that it may be hard to teach children about prejudice. I also think that sometimes exposing them to books and literature on the topic keeps the topic at a distance and is hard for them to grasp that what they may be reading about happens everyday. As far as another way to teach them about it, I don't have another suggestion. At first I thought little skits, but that may be a little to real life for students. I do think that like you said, if the students are exposed to it, we as teachers can help make it positive.

    ReplyDelete