Friday, June 12, 2009

Andrew Pollak Blog #7

The first topic in the chapter's reading that I would like to discuss is identity versus role confusion. I remember when I began asking the questions to myself about who am I? What is important to me? And questions like that. I believe my parents raised me with certain beliefs and values. My parents have instilled good character morals that I use to live my life. I was brought up attending church, so having good character and being nice to others I try to do everyday. Also, I am constantly learning, I read books about others and use their ideas in my everyday life. I see how others around me act and disect their actions to see how I would have acted.
Also I would like to discuss motivation and how I use motivation everyday. There are many things in my life that has to deal with motivation. First, is my school work. I am highly self-motivated to do well in school. I know that if I study hard, do all the assignments, and do well on tests, it will enhance my chances of getting a good grade. I also want to be graduted with my degree in four years, so I motivate myself to achieve this goal. I am also self-motivated to do well in baseball. I work hard, do all the little things and hope one day all my dreams in baseball will come true. In baseball motivation can come from other places. My parents motivate me, my choaches and teammates can motivate as well.
This was a very intersting chapter to read. It relly made sense to me because I could apply it to my real life.

1 comment:

  1. Blog Post 8
    I defintiely agree with you with our motivations. Yes it is our choice that we decided to further our education, but it is us and only us that can keep us motivated. A big part of university for me is knowing that i will be doing a service for my community at the end of my degree. It is motivating to know that a teacher years ago made a huge impact on my life, and now I'm going to be that same person for a student years down the line. I'm also very motivated by a challenge and I think many students are as well. they want to be the smartest kid in the class, or have the highest DIBELS score. Whichever it may be. a challenge can be a very positive situation for a student and encourage them to learn. If families do not encourage their children to learn to so well. it is our job as the teacher to make them beleive they can do anything they put their minds to.

    ReplyDelete