Thursday, July 2, 2009
Blog post 17
ADHD is a very interesting topic to me. It seems like more and more now children everywhere are claiming to have ADHD and doctors are diagnosing everyone. How is it that so many years ago it was barley even known of and people survived in school but now everyone is labeled? My mom noticed when I was three that I was not like most 3 year olds. she took me to the doctor to undergo a lot of tests, and I was diagnosed with ADHD but she was worried about what medication would do to me, so did not put me on them until high school. Once I started taking them I noticed a huge difference. I normally talk very face so my speech slowed down, I was able to pay attention in class and not dose off, and was more motivated to do work. In my placement, I am usually very fast to ask the teacher if any of the students are medicated just because they are very hyper and do not get good grades. Most of them are not due to financial reasons, but there are so many environmental factors to ADHD as well that not every student that is hyper needs to be labeled. I am not the poster child for Ritalin or any other drug, but it works for some people and not for others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment